Mornings are not for everyone; however, you can drastically redefine your approach and mindset. Try these simple suggestions and see what kind of shifts happen in your world!
1. Hydrate - As soon as your feet hit the floor, grab a tall glass of filtered water with the juice of half a lemon and drink it all. We perspire and breathe all night, depleting us of hydration. Rehydrating immediately upon waking is revitalizing, giving our cells an extra-fluid environment to dance and communicate in. Wakey-wakey!
2. Boost Metabolism - Aim to eat within 30 minutes of waking up as this will boost your metabolism - meaning you will use your food for fuel more efficiently throughout the day. Skipping breakfast can lead to a sluggish start to the day, or it may catch up as an afternoon lull. Ew.
3. Breathe & Visualize - Making breathing a part of your morning routine. Deep breathing has alkalizing and calming effects on the body. During a simple morning task such as brushing your teeth or showering, take time to visualize your day and acknowledge any challenges that may be part of your day. Managing your expectations of a single day's events through visualization is a powerful tool to managing your overall stress. Breathe in. And, breathe out.
4. Rise EARLIER - Give yourself some time in the morning... Just enough time so you do not feel rushed. This will help with mindfulness and could change your routine drastically from being a n0t-such-a-morning-person to someone that loves that extra moment of quiet in the day before the rest of the world wakes up.
5. Sweat - It's your choice on how to make this happen... In the sheets, on a yoga mat, or by hitting the pavement or pumping iron. There are so many ways to get glowing. Find yours and make it part of your morning. Trust me, you'll notice the countless benefits immediately.
Be good to you.