A love for everything mint, and a dash of chocolate too, this is the perfect smoothie! It brings together the good and the naughty (ok, the naughty stuff is still good for you)...
One of my favourite places to stop for vegan and gluten free snacks on-the-go is called Simply Raw Express. They have this awesome Shamrock Chip smoothie that is made with mint, kale, & raw cacao nibs. I have adapted their recipe for make my version of this delicious, nutritious treat.
You will need:
- 1 cup of milk alternative, I use unsweetened almond
- 2 handfuls of baby kale
- 1 b-a-n-a-n-a
- 1 spoonful of organic raw cacao nibs
- 1 spoonful of organic peppermint extract (add some fresh mint too, if it is readily available)
- 1 spoonful of organic hemp hearts
- 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Raw Protein Powder (I tend to use the natural flavour which is an acquired taste. Opt for the vanilla or chocolate... or skip the protein... or use your favourite protein powder that works with your awesome bod)
- 1 handful of ice-ice-baby
- 1 spoonful of maple syrup (this is optional, I don't add it to mine)
- dash of love
Put all of your nutritiously dense ingredients into your blender and mix until smooth. Add more liquid/water if you would like it to be more drinkable. Pour into one of your favourite cups, mugs, jars, or portable bottles and sip slowly thinking of all the goodness that is fuelling your temple...
YUM. YUM. YUM.
Be good to you.